Vienna Johann Strauss Orchestra & Alfred Eschwé – Wiener Bonbons (Live) (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:26:20 minutes | 1,55 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Wiener Johann Strauss Orchester
For Verdi, Johann Strauss (son) was a “brilliant colleague”, but Johannes Brahms also admitted that he was “the only one to envy” among all composer colleagues. From the South American hinterland to the large concert hall in Japan, the “fascination of Strauss” still captivates people worldwide today.
The new album – recorded by the leading Strauss ensemble in the original line-up of 42 musicians – is evidence of the liveliness, ingenuity and topicality of this music that still exists.
This live recording was made in May 2018 in the Golden Hall of the Vienna Musikverein and forms a broad cross-section of the repertoire that the Vienna Johann Strauss Orchestra has maintained intensively since its foundation in 1966.
With conductor Alfred Eschwé, an internationally recognized Strauss expert stood at the podium of the orchestra, with whom he has been working as an artist for over 35 years.
01. Der Zigeunerbaron Overture (Live)
02. An der Moldau, Op. 366 (Live)
03. Auf zum Tanze!, Op. 436 (Live)
04. Wiener Bonbons Walzer, Op. 307 (Live)
05. Fata Morgana, Op. 330 (Live)
06. Caroussel-Marsch, Op. 133 (Live)
07. Die Publicisten, Op. 321 (Live)
08. Eine Nacht in Venedig Overture (Live)
09. Marchen aus dem Orient, Walzer, Op. 444 (Live)
10. Pizzicato Polka in C Major (Live)
11. Tarantel-Galopp, Op. 125 (Live)
12. Die Fledermaus Czardas aus der operette (Live)
13. Champagne Galop, Op. 14 (Live)
14. Kaiser-Walzer, Op. 437 (Live)
15. Unter Donner und Blitz, Op. 324 (Live)
16. Radetzky March, Op. 228 (Live)