Various Artists – Top Gun (OST 1986) [1999 Special Edition]
PS3 Rip | ISO | SACD DSD64 2.0 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 56:42 minutes | Scans included | 2,3 GB
or FLAC(converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz | Scans included | 1,14 GB
A mega Soundtrack to a Mega-Movie! Fueled by the power of numerous hit singles, the 1986 Top Gun soundtrack quickly became a pop music phenomenon in its own right, and remains one of the best-selling soundtracks of all time. This expanded edition-with sound that’ll make you feel like you’re “mach 2 with your hair on fire” – contains additional liner notes, photos and 5 bonus cuts.
There are a few movie and soundtrack pairings that represent the wild 1980s. None more so than Top Gun (Footloose and Pretty in Pink are also strong contenders.) A whirlwind romance set in the U.S. Air Force during the Cold War, Top Gun featured wild aerial acrobatics, steamy sexual tension, and macho competition. And the soundtrack had the songs to match. Featuring the huge hits “Danger Zone,” “Take My Breath Away,” as well as “Playing with the Boys,” “Mighty Wings,” and a handful of classic soul tracks, the Top Gun soundtrack may be the perfect example of the outrageous ’80s. This version expands on the original, including a number of songs not featured on the initial release, such as “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay” and “Great Balls of Fire”.
01. Kenny Loggins – Danger Zone
02. Cheap Trick – Mighty Wings
03. Kenny Loggins – Playing With The Boys
04. Teena Marie – Lead Me On
05. Berlin – Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From “Top Gun”)
06. Miami Sound Machine – Hot Summer Nights
07. Loverboy – Heaven In Your Eyes
08. Larry Greene – Through The Fire
09. Marietta – Destination Unknown
10. Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens – Top Gun Anthem
11. Otis Redding – (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay
12. Harold Faltermeyer – Memories
13. Jerry Lee Lewis – Great Balls Of Fire
14. The Righteous Brothers – You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling
15. Kenny Loggins – Playing With The Boys (12″ Version)
Engineered for SACD by Vic Anesini.