VA – Sound+Vision & HDtracks Present: The Ultimate Hi-Def Music Download Experience (2011)
Promotional Sampler | FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 43:44 minutes | 871 MB
Official Digital Download – Source: HDTracks.com | Digital Booklet
With this sampler, you will come to know what it truly means to achieve the ultimate download experience via nine tracks encoded in professional-quality 96/24 audio, all handpicked for your maximum enjoyment and enlightenment. In short, it’s what great sound is all about. If you’ve never been engrossed by music this way before—or even if you’re a veteran of the compression wars—you’re in for quite a treat. Happy listening. Ready, set, immerse!
Everything on the Sound+Vision HDtracks Ultimate Music Experience Sampler is encoded in professional-quality 96/24 audio. The newer recordings are taken straight from original high-resolution digital recordings. The older recordings are transferred to high-resolution digital audio from original master tapes. Both will give you much better sound than you’ve ever heard before from these recordings and artists.
What do you want to hear when you listen to music? Do you want lower fidelity version of what the artists, engineers, and producers heard in the studio? Or would you prefer to hear exactly what they heard in the studio? Of course, you’d prefer the latter. But you’re probably getting the former — unless, that is, you’re listening to high-resolution downloads from HDtracks. If you’re listening to CDs, MP3s, or even vinyl records, what you’re hearing is not a precise copy of the original digital recording or analog tape. It’s downconverted. If it’s on CD, the digital resolution has been reduced. If it’s on vinyl, the audio has been remastered and the record you’re listening to is actually a third-generation mechanical copy. Sure, it might sound OK. But it’s not the best fidelity you can get. HDtracks is.
01. Madeleine Peyroux – The Kind You Can’t Afford (from “Standing on the Rooftop” 2011)
02. Sonny Rollins – St. Thomas (from “Saxophone Colossus” 1956)
03. Esperanza Spalding – Short and Sweet (from “Chamber Music Society” 2010)
04. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On (from “Let’s Get It On” 1973)
05. The Allman Brothers Band – Statesboro Blues (from “Live at Fillmore East” 1971)
06. The Kinks – 20th Century Man (from “Muswell Hillbillies” 1971)
07. Ottmar Liebert – This Spring Release 10,000 Butterflies (from “One Guitar” 2006)
08. Eiji Oue and the Minnesota Orchestra – “The Snow Maiden: Dance of the Tumblers” composed by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (from “Exotic Dances from the Opera” – 1996)
09. Glenn Gould – Bach: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988: Aria (from “Bach: The Goldberg Variations” – 1955)