V.A. – Jazz in an R&B Groove (2004)
PS3 Rip | ISO | SACD DSD64 2.0 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 65:09 minutes | Scans included | 2,63 GB
or FLAC(converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz | Scans included | 1,19 GB
HighNote Records SACD # HCD 6011
Kinda Jazzy Kinda Funky is a fine sampling of jazz artists and vocalists on the 2004 High Note roster. These previously released nine tracks consist of compositions from Melvin Sparks, Rodney Jones, Randy Johnston, Bill Heid, and David “Fathead” Newman along with Lalo Schifrin’s “The Cat,” performed by Joey DeFrancesco, and Houston Person’s take on Johnny Griffin’s “Sweet Sucker.” This is a great way to get familiar with the High Note sound and audiophiles will be interested in knowing that this title.
01. The Melvin Sparks Band – The Governor
02. “Papa” John DeFrancesco – GF’s Attitude
03. Rodney Jones – Live Bait
04. David “Fathead” Newman – Off the Hook
05. Joey DeFrancesco – The Cat
06. Randy Johnston – The Hat Man
07. Bill Heid – Peach Cobbler
08. Houston Person – Sweet Sucker
09. The Melvin Sparks Band – Another Joe
HighNote Records is an American record label based in New York City, specializing in jazz music. HighNote was founded by Joe Fields, who worked for Prestige Records as an executive in the 1960s and founded Muse Records in the 1970s. HighNote also reissues classic jazz recordings, from artists such as Art Tatum, Thelonious Monk and Woody Shaw.