V.A. – Funky Organ, B3 Jazz Grooves (2007)
PS3 Rip | ISO | SACD DSD64 2.0 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 62:30 minutes | Scans included | 2,52 GB
or FLAC(converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz | Scans included | 1,17 GB
HighNote Records SACD # HCD 6017
Funky Organ: B-3 Jazz Grooves is a killer little comp of some truly bad-ass Hammond B-3 madness with music by Charles Earland, Bill Heid, Joey DeFrancesco, Mike LeDonne and Joey’s pop, Papa John. This is stellar funky groove played out over 60 minutes with bass out no-holds-barred greasy goodness.
01. Joey DeFrancesco – The Cat
02. “Papa” John DeFrancesco – Cold Duck Time
03. Mike LeDonne – Delilah
04. Charles Earland – My Blues Is Funky
05. Bill Heid – That Dirty Thang
06. Reuben Wilson – Watch Me Fly
07. “Papa” John DeFrancesco – 160 Million Dollar Chinese Man
08. Mike LeDonne – In The Bag
09. Joey DeFrancesco – The Preacher
10. Charles Earland – Put It Where You Want It
HighNote Records is an American record label based in New York City, specializing in jazz music. HighNote was founded by Joe Fields, who worked for Prestige Records as an executive in the 1960s and founded Muse Records in the 1970s. HighNote also reissues classic jazz recordings, from artists such as Art Tatum, Thelonious Monk and Woody Shaw.