Ulf Ivarsson – Lower Zone (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 40:54 minutes | 413 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Lamour Records
One of Sweden’s most acclaimed bassists and Grammys winners (producer ‘Thåström – “kärlek är för dom”, “beväpna dig med vingar” and “Den morronen”) and collaborations with, among others, Bill Laswell (Material, Herbie Hancock, PIL, Mick Jagger), Youth (Killing Joke, The Orb, The Verve) and Mick Harris (Napalm Death, Scorn, Lull) release his solo debut with the album ‘Lower Zone’.
With electric bass and various electronics, Ulf creates magical sound worlds somewhere between dark ambient and industrial.
The idea for this solo project came up in 2015 when Ulf decided to challenge himself in a way he had never done before: to go up on stage, alone with electric bass, effects, loop pedals and a wall of amplifiers without knowing what to do.
A blank paper, what happens can happen based on what instinct and impulse decide together with the technology and the instrument. Improvisation with elements of ambient, dub and free form.
01. Ulf Ivarsson – Flood (03:09)
02. Ulf Ivarsson – Lower Zone (04:43)
03. Ulf Ivarsson – Red Midnight (04:47)
04. Ulf Ivarsson – Blues for JG (05:41)
05. Ulf Ivarsson – Night in Essaouira (Dub) (07:43)
06. Ulf Ivarsson – Invisible Road (05:31)
07. Ulf Ivarsson – Goodbye (04:17)
08. Ulf Ivarsson – Sanity (Prelude) (05:01)