Trio Imàge – Trio Imàge plays Dvořák, Fall & Dyakov (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:11:20 minutes | 1,28 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © CAvi-music
The third album from Trio Image follows the success of their releases of the Piano Trio by Mauricio Kagel and Chamber music by Hans Sommer. The new album consists partly of world premiere recordings of unknown repertoire.
Personal remarks by the Trio Image: “Antonín Dvorak’s monumental F Minor Piano Trio has accompanied us for many years on our journey as a trio, surfacing and resurfacing in different phases of our development, affecting, challenging, and transforming us. We are fascinated and moved by its Slavic dances and melodies, by its fairy-tale elements and traces of folklore”.
The members of Trio Imàge stumbled upon this score by chance and were thrilled to incorporate it into their repertoire: “This early work of a mostly forgotten composer nevertheless features a series of astounding, imaginative ideas and innovations: this music is brimming with youthful emotion and lively virtuosity, along with interspersed elements of Vienna folklore and a vague presentiment of decades of terror looming on the horizon”.
A current representative of the same tendency is the young accordionist, dancer, arranger, and composer Marek Dyakov, who, in his works, combines folklore elements with jazz harmonies and classical means of expression. Perperikoana belongs to Ancient Bulgarian Legends, a four-part cycle dedicated to Trio Imàge. The piece displays strong associations with the music of the Rhodope Mountains, home of the Perperikon, an ancient sacred rocky hill: the landscapes of that beautiful region, with their great variety, find their echo in the piece’s polyphonic structure. The title also contains a personal dedication to Ana, Dyakov’s wife.
1. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio No. 3, in F Minor, Op. 65: I. Allegro ma non troppo
2. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio No. 3, in F Minor, Op. 65: II. Allegro grazioso
3. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio No. 3, in F Minor, Op. 65: III. Poco adagio
4. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio No. 3, in F Minor, Op. 65: IV. Finale. Allegro con brio
5. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio , in A Minor, Op. 4: I. Allegro ma non troppo
6. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio , in A Minor, Op. 4: II. Adagio
7. Trio Imàge – Piano Trio , in A Minor, Op. 4: III. Rondo
8. Trio Imàge – Perperikoana (After Old Bulgarian Legends)