Trio Frizzante – Waltzin (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 55:51 minutes | 931 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Austrian Gramophone
With the album “Waltzin” we celebrate our 10th anniversary and would like to give you an in- sight into our colorful repertoire. We start with the trio by Martinů, which is one of the standard works in the combination of flute, cello and piano. Haydn’s F Major trio is very exciting in its form, as it consists of only two movements and remains gallant until the end rather than ending with a virtuoso finale. A youth work of the only 18-year-old Debussy follows: We find the sound of the flute very charming with this piano work – it rivals the violin provided for in the original. Only in very few places did Marlies have to make small arrangements of the violin part.
As an innovative trio, our focus is on expanding our repertoire through contemporary compositions. Friendships and collaboration with many inspiring composers led to numerous works composed for us. Therefore, we would like to end this album with the jazz waltz Waltzin, which is also the title of this album. We played its world premiere in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2015.
We wish you as much pleasure when listening as we have in playing these works.
01. Trio for Flute, Cello & Piano, H. 300: I. Poco allegretto
02. Trio for Flute, Cello & Piano, H. 300: II. Adagio
03. Trio for Flute, Cello & Piano, H. 300: III. Andante-Allegretto scherzando
04. Piano Trio in F Major, Op. 73, Hob.XV:17: I. Allegro
05. Piano Trio in F Major, Op. 73, Hob.XV:17: II. Tempo di menuetto
06. Piano Trio in G Major, L. 3: I. Andantino con moto allegro
07. Piano Trio in G Major, L. 3: II. Scherzo-Intermezzo. Moderato con allegro
08. Piano Trio in G Major, L. 3: III. Andante espressivo
09. Piano Trio in G Major, L. 3: IV. Finale. Appassionato
Marlies Gaugl, flute
Marta Kordykiewicz, cello
Doris Kitzmantel, piano