The Long Blondes – Someone to Drive You Home (15th Anniversary Edition) (2006/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 01:27:02 minutes | 1,01 GB | Genre: Indie Rock, Post-Punk Revival, Female Vocal
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Rough Trade
Rough Trade Records are giddy – well, obviously! – to release the 15th anniversary edition of The Long Blondes debut album, the acclaimed Someone To Drive You Home.
The home of a host of indie disco classics with its noir atmospheres and vivid storytelling – qualities that saw the record inspire recent, generation-capturing movie Giddy Stratospheres which takes its name from The Long Blondes’ iconic single – the Sheffield band’s first album managed that rare trick of capturing the 2000s zeitgeist while leaving a timeless artistic mark for the ages.
Initially inspired by the frisson of the indie disco – now, fittingly, a classic of low lit dancefloors everywhere – ‘Giddy Stratospheres’ is The Long Blonde’s sophisticated calling card. A swirl of razor sharp guitars and vivid storytelling, waltzing melodies and burning vocals, the Sheffield band’s 2000s single fizzes with dancing, desire and the most stylish sing-a-long you’ll ever hear.
The anniversary edition of Someone To Drive You Home, which was originally released in November 2006 and was produced by Pulp member Steve Mackey, comes as a limited edition, double gatefold LP. Pressed on to red and yellow vinyl to mirror the album’s artwork – a picture of actress Faye Dunaway also painted by Jackson – the edition features the original record, plus 11 additional tracks that the band used on B-sides.
Disc 1 (44:11)
1. Lust in the Movies (2021 Remaster) (03:05)
2. Once & Never Again (2021 Remaster) (02:59)
3. Only Lovers Left Alive (2021 Remaster) (03:59)
4. Giddy Stratospheres (2021 Remaster) (05:08)
5. In the Company of Women (2021 Remaster) (02:41)
6. Heaven Help the New Girl (2021 Remaster) (03:54)
7. Separated by Motorways (2021 Remaster) (02:19)
8. You Could Have Both (2021 Remaster) (04:48)
9. Swallow Tattoo (2021 Remaster) (02:31)
10. Weekend Without Makeup (2021 Remaster) (04:11)
11. Madame Ray (2021 Remaster) (03:31)
12. A Knife for the Girls (2021 Remaster) (05:05)
Disc 2 (43:02)
1. Five Ways To End It (06:06)
2. Fulwood Babylon (04:05)
3. The Whippet Fancier (03:46)
4. Who Are You To Her (04:29)
5. Never To Be Repeated (03:43)
6. All Bar One Girls (04:09)
7. I’m Coping (03:13)
8. Last Night On Northgate Street (02:54)
9. Platitudes (03:18)
10. Melville Farr (01:37)
11. The Unbearable Lightness of Buildings (05:42)