The Crossing – Words Adorned (Live) (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 48:45 minutes | 824 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Navona
GRAMMY-winning choir The Crossing, led by Donald Nally, today released its 25th commercial album, WORDS ADORNED, on Navona Records. WORDS ADORNED features The Crossing with the Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture’s Takht Ensemble – led by Hanna Khoury, who served as musical coach for the project – and Palestinian vocal soloist Dalal Abu Amneh in commissioned works by Kareem Roustom and Kinan Abou-afach inspired by Andalusian poetry, and the traditional muwashshah When He Appeared by Muhammad ‘abd al-Rahim al Maslub.
The release celebrates one of The Crossing’s favorite collaborations, an exchange of musical cultures and ideas that greatly stretched the ensemble and expanded its horizons. The recording was made and originally released as part of an Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture multimedia project inspired by Andalusian poetry, with a series of events and newly commissioned works bridging the traditions of east and west. This re-release on Navona Records is produced by The Crossing’s Executive Director Jonathan Bradley, conductor Donald Nally, and assistant conductor Kevin Vondrak. Major support for WORDS ADORNED was provided to Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage with additional support from the Arab Fund for Arts & Culture and the William Penn Foundation.
1. The Crossing – No. 1, Oh People of Andalusia, What Beauty You Have (Live)
2. The Crossing – No. 2, Arise Oh Drinking Companion (Live)
3. The Crossing – No. 3, Oh People, Stop and Wonder (Live)
4. The Crossing – No. 4, Tell the Enemy (Live)
5. Dalal Abu Amneh – No. 1, Prelude. Moonrise (Live)
6. Dalal Abu Amneh – No. 2, Greet These Faces (Live)
7. Dalal Abu Amneh – No. 3, Forsaken (Live)
8. Al-Bustan Takht – No. 4, Interlude (Live)
9. Dalal Abu Amneh – No. 5, You Who Left and Passed (Live)
10. Dalal Abu Amneh – No. 6, Sunrise (Live)
11. Dalal Abu Amneh – When He Appeared (Live)