Sting – The Bridge (Super Deluxe) (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 01:12:55 minutes | 875 MB | Genre: Pop
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © A&M
Sting’s 14th studio album “The Bridge” is now available as Super Deluxe Edition!
New on the album are 6 live tracks from his exclusive private concert at the Pantheon in Paris, and the bonus track “Por Su Amor” with KURT, a Spanish version of his song “For Her Love”.
Of course, still on the album: 14 songs that thematically tell of bridging two worlds.
Sting himself says: “These songs are between one place and another, between one state of mind and another, between life and death, between relationships. Between pandemics, and between eras – politically, socially and psychologically, all of us are in the middle of something. We need a bridge.”
“The Bridge” feels like a greatest-hits album, but one where all the songs are brand new. It’s a record that’s simultaneously modern, but also rooted in Sting’s lifelong musical and lyrical passions. Now with a touch of live feel!
Awarded several Grammys and numerous RIAA Platinum and Gold Awards, Sting is one of the exceptional talents in the pop Olympus. In Germany, 11 of his 13 studio albums have landed in the Top 5 of the album charts, and he has also reached #1 three times.
The Super Deluxe Edition will be available in the form of a double CD and as a double vinyl and is an absolute must for fans and collectors!
When you have a musical career as long and as successful as Sting’s, it becomes easy for the listener to hear each new album in the context of previous projects. In truth, The Bridge is a great testament to the English singer/songwriter’s gift for bringing his diverse influences to bear in a rich and very personal record that rewards repeat listening. This new album is a reflection on a world in transition and the need for a metaphorical bridge to a better state of humanity, so the work is rife with images of water, peril, and crossings to safety and fulfillment.
The Bridge was created in Sting’s home studio during the pandemic, with guest artists making significant contributions remotely, such as long-time collaborator Dominic Miller’s beautiful, chiming guitar work on the haunting “The Bells of St. Thomas,” and drummer extraordinaire Manu Katché’s jazz-funk backbeat on “Captain Bateman’s Basement.” There are elements that might have you thinking of past highlights in Sting’s oeuvre, such as Branford Marsalis’ unmistakable sax on “Harmony,” or the beautiful acoustic guitar on “For Her Love” that the English musician utilizes so well in his heartfelt ballads. In songs like “Rushing Water,” his songcraft and arranging genius reflects the less-is-more approach that was prevalent in so many of his hits with The Police, while “If It’s Love” has the warmth and breeziness of songs from his album Sacred Love.
More examples of Sting’s creative diversity on The Bridge include “The Hills on the Border,” a folk-inspired tune that would not be out of place in his musical The Last Ship, and the Celtic violins on “Captain Bateman.” We all need to seek the higher ground at one time or another, and in The Bridge, one of this generation’s best singer/songwriters has engineered a structure as solid, as thoughtful, and ultimately as compelling as any he has created before. – Rick Banales
01. Sting – Rushing Water (03:17)
02. Sting – If It’s Love (03:14)
03. Sting – The Book of Numbers (03:18)
04. Sting – Loving You (04:24)
05. Sting – Harmony Road (03:18)
06. Sting – For Her Love (03:45)
07. Sting – The Hills on the Border (04:16)
08. Sting – Captain Bateman (04:14)
09. Sting – The Bells of St. Thomas (04:08)
10. Sting – The Bridge (02:33)
11. Sting – Waters of Tyne (02:10)
12. Sting – Captain Bateman’s Basement (03:41)
13. Sting – (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay (02:54)
14. Sting – Shape Of My Heart (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (04:40)
15. Sting – Fragile (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (03:30)
16. Sting – Message In A Bottle (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (04:49)
17. Sting – If It’s Love (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (03:43)
18. Sting – Rushing Water (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (03:16)
19. Sting – For Her Love (FIP Session Live in Paris at the Pantheon) (03:55)
20. Sting – Por Su Amor (03:41)