Saleem Ashkar – Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Nos. 8, 16, 22, 11, 15, 26 (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 02:02:37 minutes | 1,49 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Universal Music Italia srL.
Saleem Ashkar made his Carnegie Hall debut at the age of 22 and has since gone on to establish an international career. Recent and future concerto highlights include the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, Konzerthausorchester Berlin and the St Louis, Vancouver and Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestras. He has also performed with the Wiener Philharmoniker, Royal Concertgebouw, London Symphony, Detroit Symphony, Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin, Orchestre National de Lyon and on a three week tour to Australia. Saleem has a close relationship with many leading conductors including David Afkham, Daniel Barenboim, Riccardo Chailly, Jakub Hrůša, Pietari Inkinen, Fabio Luisi, Zubin Mehta, Riccardo Muti, Kazushi Ono and Nikolaj Szeps-Znaider.
A dedicated recitalist and chamber musician, Saleem has a particularly strong reputation as a Beethoven specialist and has recently performed a complete Sonata cycle in Prague, Duisburg and at the Konzerthaus Berlin. This season he will performing a series of recitals in Copenhagen and Milan exploring the early, middle and late sonatas of Beethoven alongside other composers that were influenced by him. Other recent and future recital appearances include the Wigmore and Queen Elizabeth Halls in London, the Elbphilharmonie Hamburg and Musikverein Vienna.
Saleem is Artistic Director of the Galilee Chamber Orchestra, formed of students and young professionals to encourage collaboration between the Arab and Jewish communities in Israel. This orchestra has grown out of the Polyphony Foundation, founded by his brother. Saleem works with them as both conductor and soloist and recent engagements have included a tour in Germany. He is closely involved in several other education projects, including the Al-Farabi Music Academy in Berlin which he co-founded, and which works with young people who don’t have access to a musical education.
Saleem’s most recent recordings have been for Decca Records. They have released the Mendelssohn Piano Concertos with the Leipzig Gewandhaus and Chailly and two Beethoven Concertos with the NDR Elbphilharmonie and Ivor Bolton. Saleem is also recording the complete Beethoven Piano Sonata cycle for Decca, the first three discs of which are already released.
1. Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Op. 13 “Pathétique”: I. Grave – Allegro di molto e con brio (08:58)
2. Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Op. 13 “Pathétique”: II. Adagio cantabile (05:03)
3. Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Op. 13 “Pathétique”: III. Rondo. Allegro (04:48)
4. Piano Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31 No. 1: I. Allegro vivace (06:36)
5. Piano Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31 No. 1: II. Adagio grazioso (10:34)
6. Piano Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31 No. 1: III. Rondo. Allegretto (06:23)
7. Piano Sonata No. 22 in F Major, Op. 54: I. In Tempo d’un menuetto (05:33)
8. Piano Sonata No. 22 in F Major, Op. 54: II. Allegretto – Più allegro (05:54)
9. Piano Sonata No. 11 in B-Flat Major, Op. 22: I. Allegro con brio (07:23)
10. Piano Sonata No. 11 in B-Flat Major, Op. 22: II. Adagio con molto espressione (08:08)
11. Piano Sonata No. 11 in B-Flat Major, Op. 22: III. Menuetto (03:14)
12. Piano Sonata No. 11 in B-Flat Major, Op. 22: IV. Rondo. Allegretto (05:56)
13. Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Major, Op. 28 “Pastorale”: I. Allegro (11:09)
14. Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Major, Op. 28 “Pastorale”: II. Andante (07:18)
15. Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Major, Op. 28 “Pastorale”: III. Scherzo. Allegro vivace (02:41)
16. Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Major, Op. 28 “Pastorale”: IV. Rondo. Allegro ma non troppo (04:58)
17. Piano Sonata No. 26 in E-Flat Major, Op. 81a “Les Adieux”: I. Das Lebewohl. Adagio – Allegro (07:39)
18. Piano Sonata No. 26 in E-Flat Major, Op. 81a “Les Adieux”: II. Abwesenheit. Andante espressivo (04:01)
19. Piano Sonata No. 26 in E-Flat Major, Op. 81a “Les Adieux”: III. Das Wiedersehen. Vivacissimamente (06:21)