Saint Sister – Where I Should End (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 39:39 minutes | 426 MB | Genre: Folk, Electronic, Indie, Female Vocal
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © ie too
Where I Should End is the sophomore album release from Saint Sister, recorded with R’ian Trench in The Meadow, Co. Wicklow, and mixed in Berlin with Benedikt MacIsaac.
Written on and off the tour cycle of their debut album Where I Should End seeks to find meaning in a world that doesn’t stand still. Doherty and MacIntyre challenged themselves to create a distinctive and audible shift in their sound. There’s a playfulness, a messiness that was never there before and where vulnerability is laid out in broad daylight, subtle jokes pierce the darkness. Retaining layered, folk-driven harmonies in shared verses and the bones of traditional music in melodies, they go bigger with the instrumentation; adding synths, drum machines and electronic pulses to reflect the lives that they lead.
1. Saint Sister – My Brilliant Friend (04:17)
2. Saint Sister – Dynamite (03:21)
3. Saint Sister – Karaoke Song (03:09)
4. Saint Sister & Lisa Hannigan – The Place That I Work (03:58)
5. Saint Sister – Irish Hour (04:08)
6. Saint Sister – Date Night (04:08)
7. Saint Sister – Oh My God Oh Canada (04:57)
8. Saint Sister – Manchester Air (04:07)
9. Saint Sister – House 9 (02:16)
10. Saint Sister – Any Dreams? (05:18)