Rudolf Buchbinder – Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Nos. 27 – 32 (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 02:16:05 minutes | 2,19 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Deutsche Grammophon (DG)
Rudolf Buchbinder (born 1 December 1946, Litomerice, Czechoslovakia) is an Austrian classical pianist.
Buchbinder studied with Bruno Seidlhofer at the Vienna Academy of Music. In 1965, he made a tour of North and South Americas. In 1966 he won a special prize awarded at the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition. Subsequently he has toured with the Vienna Philharmonic and appeared as soloist around the world.
He has also taught piano at the Basel Academy of Music.
For the Teldec label he has recorded the complete keyboard music of Joseph Haydn, all Mozart’s major works for piano, all the Beethoven piano sonatas and variations, and both Brahms piano concertos with Harnoncourt and the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam. With J’anos Starker, he recorded memorable performances of works for cello and piano by Beethoven and Brahms. He has twice recorded the Beethoven Piano Concertos conducting from the keyboard, first with the Vienna Symphony Orchestra for the Preiser label in 2007, and then with the Vienna Philharmonic for the Sony label in 2011; this cycle was recorded live in concert and released on both CD and DVD.
He is one of the few pianists to have ever recorded the entire Part II of Vaterl”andischer K”unstlerverein, which consists of 50 variations by 50 different composers on a waltz by Anton Diabelli. He has also recorded Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations, which originally comprised Part I of that anthology. He is a life-long interpreter of Mozart’s piano concertos and sonatas, displaying a mastery and sensitivity of these great works, conducting usually from the keyboard. Indeed Mozart’s music is at the heart of his repertoire.
1. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Mit Lebhaftigkeit und durchaus mit Empfindung und Ausdruck
2. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Nicht zu geschwind und sehr singbar vorgetragen
3. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Etwas lebhaft und mit der innigsten Empfindung. Allegretto ma non troppo
4. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Lebhaft, marschm”assig. Vivace alla marcia
5. Rudolf Buchbinder – III. Langsam und sehnsuchtsvoll. Adagio ma non troppo, con affetto
6. Rudolf Buchbinder – IV. Geschwind, doch nicht zu sehr und mit Entschlossenheit. Allegro
7. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Allegro
8. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Scherzo. Assai vivace
9. Rudolf Buchbinder – III. Adagio sostenuto
10. Rudolf Buchbinder – IV. Largo – Allegro risoluto
11. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Vivace, ma non troppo – Adagio espressivo – Tempo I
12. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Prestissimo
13. Rudolf Buchbinder – III. Gesangvoll, mit innigster Empfindung (Andante molto cantabile ed espressivo)
14. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Moderato cantabile molto espressivo
15. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Allegro molto
16. Rudolf Buchbinder – III. Adagio ma non troppo – Fuga (Allegro ma non troppo)
17. Rudolf Buchbinder – I. Maestoso – Allegro con brio ed appassionato
18. Rudolf Buchbinder – II. Arietta (Adagio molto semplice e cantabile)