Royal Scottish National Orchestra & Philip Mann – Seasons: Orchestral Music of Michael Fine (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:03:08 minutes | 1,12 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front covers | © Evidence
The scores of composer Michael Fine are born from his improvisations on the piano and are nourished by his travels and his readings: his music derives from a poetic imagination and carries therefore lots of visual evocations. From Korea and its palaces (At the Gate) to Scotland and the writer Alexander McCall Smith (Brother Fox), the world and its landscapes pass by over the seasons (Seasonal Rites) as you listen to it.
A sound immersion all the more successful due to the fact that Michael Fine is also a Grammy winning producer for his expertise in sound recording.
What’s more, as himself a performer, Michael Fine has written music for musicians. This recording is the faithful testimony of a collective adventure where musicians share their pleasure to play and then offer it to the public.
01. At the Gate. Concert Overture
02. Double Concerto for 2 Violins and String Orchestra: I. Andante
03. Double Concerto for 2 Violins and String Orchestra: II. Adagio
04. Double Concerto for 2 Violins and String Orchestra: III. Allegro
05. Brother Fox
06. Suite for Strings: I. Overture (Allegro)
07. Suite for Strings: II. Heading North (Moderato, Flowing)
08. Suite for Strings: III. Heading South (Andante cantabile)
09. Suite for Strings: IV. Finding Home (Adagio sonore)
10. Seasonal Rites: I. Spring Revels (Allegro)
11. Seasonal Rites: II. Vision of Summer (Adagio)
12. Seasonal Rites: III. Autumn Flame (Andante)
13. Seasonal Rites: IV. Winter Candle (Allegretto)
Igor Gruppman, violin
Vesna Stefanovic-Gruppman, violin
Royal Scottish National Orchestra
Philip Mann, conductor