Roxette – Bag Of Trix Vol. 4 (Music From The Roxette Vaults) (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 44:03 minutes | 300 MB | Genre: Rock
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Rhino
The time has come! Vol. 1 of Bag of Trix is out on 30th October on streaming sites and until 11th December, the official physical release date of the complete Bag of Trix collection we will get to hear more ear candies on digital platforms on a regular basis. Vol. 2 on 13th November, Vol. 3 on 27th November, Vol. 4 on 11th December together with the physical release.
Now comes Volume 1 of “Bag of Trix” – the Roxette collection which presents a total of 47 unreleased or so far unavailable recordings: demos, alternative mixes and recordings, Spanish versions, bonus songs plus other fun stuff from the band’s long and successful career 1986-2016.
The first volume will be released on October 30th and contains twelve songs that have been recorded over a 30-year period. From the demo of “Like Lovers Do”, recorded during an early demo session as Marie and Per prepare Roxette’s debut album “Pearls of Passion” in the summer of 1986, to the new single “Let Your Heart Dance With Me” which was never completed during the “Good Karma” recordings 2016.
“Bag Of Trix” provides a unique insight into one of Sweden’s most successful pop groups’ fascinating career. Take just one of the gold nuggets of the first volume – Brian Malouf’s American single mix of “Joyride”, which in the spring of 1991 became Roxette’s fourth number one on the Billboard charts. The song in its album version is a classic in Roxette’s repertoire, but most people outside the US have probably never heard this hot-tempered and special single mix.
“Bag Of Trix” Volume 1 also offers Per and Marie’s acoustic demo of the – at the time of recording – brand new “Hotblooded”, as well as an acoustic version of “Listen To Your Heart” which together with the interpretation of the Beatles masterpiece “Help!” was recorded in the Abbey Road studio in London in the autumn of 1995.
And for Marie Fredriksson’s millions of fans around the world, it is perhaps with extra great anticipation that they want to listen to her three home-recorded demo versions of her own songs “Pocketful Of Rain”, “Beautiful Boy” and “Waiting For The Rain” – of which only the latter ended up on a Roxette album.
“Both Marie and I loved being in the studio and recording our music – and now that you look back on our career, it is quite overwhelming how much material we managed to produce. Significantly more than we could ever release. We were really spurred on by the whole fantastic Roxette circus”, says Per Gessle with a smile.
“Much of what “only” ended up as bonus material on CD singles in Japan and in some cases never even released stuff today feels like an interesting complement to our regular catalogue. So we believe that “Bag of Trix” can offer a lot of interesting listening for those who have followed us over the years”, says Per.
1. Roxette – The Centre Of The Heart (Is A Suburb To The Brain) [Have A Nice Day Outtake 1999]
2. Roxette – Pearls And Passion (Montezuma Demo July 25-26, 1986)
3. Roxette – Things Will Never Be The Same (T&A Demo December 13, 1990)
4. Roxette – Entering Your Heart (Room Service Outtake 2001)
5. Roxette – Cooper (Closer To God) [Have A Nice Day Outtake 1999]
6. Roxette – Joy Of A Toy (Montezuma Demo July 25-26, 1986)
7. Roxette – It Takes You No Time To Get Here (Room Service Outtake 2001)
8. Roxette – Before You Go To Sleep (T&A Demo October 23, 1992)
9. Roxette – I Was So Lucky (The Golden Blow) [Have A Nice Day Outtake 1999]
10. Roxette – Jag älskar (Surrender) [Montezuma Demo July 25-26, 1986]
11. Roxette – Som i en dröm (So Far Away) [Montezuma Demo July 25-26, 1986]
12. Roxette – Alguien (Anyone 1999)