Riccardo Minasi – Haydn: Die sieben letzten Worte unseres Erlösers am Kreuze (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/48 kHz | Time – 01:03:50 minutes | 563 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © harmonia mundi
Following a disc of cello concertos and symphonies by CPE Bach (Diapason d’Or, ffff Télérama), the musicians of the Ensemble Resonanz continue their very personal exploration of Eighteenth Century orchestral music.
For several years now, under the direction of inspired conductor Maestro Riccardo Minasi, the ensemble has taken up the challenge of playing instruments with a ‘modern’ setup (violins, violas and basses with metal strings) with complete mastery of historically informed performance practice.
Forty years after what has been called ‘the Baroque revolution’, it’s a pleasure to rediscover these nine orchestral movements literally inhabited by the divine words of Christ on the cross – and displaying that rhetorical skill of which Joseph Haydn was a peerless exponent.
1. Introduzione. Maestoso ed adagio
2. Sonata I. Pater, dimitte illis, quia nesciunt, quid faciunt. Largo
3. Sonata II. Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso. Grave e cantabile
4. Sonata III. Mulier, ecce filius tuus. Grave
5. Sonata IV. Deus meus, Deus meus, ut quid dereliquisti me ? Largo
6. Sonata V. Sitio. Adagio
7. Sonata VI. Consummatum est ! Lento
8. Sonata VII. In manus tuas, Domine, commendo spiritum meum. Largo
9. Il Terremoto. Presto e con tutta la forza
Riccardo Minasi, direction