Ray Charles – The Genius After Hours (1961/2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 38:13 minutes | 683 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RevOla
The Genius After Hours is a 1961 album by Ray Charles. All of the songs were taken from the same three studio sessions that created the album The Great Ray Charles which featured the use of both a trio and a septet; the later arranged by Quincy Jones.
Taken from the same three sessions as The Great Ray Charles but not duplicating any of the performances, this set casts Charles as a jazz-oriented pianist in an instrumental setting. Brother Charles has five numbers with a trio (three songs have Oscar Pettiford on bass) and jams on three other tunes (“Hornful Soul,” “Ain’t Misbehavin’,” and “Joy Ride”) with a septet arranged by Quincy Jones; solo space is given to David “Fathead” Newman on tenor and alto and trumpeter Joseph Bridgewater. Fine music – definitely a change of pace for Ray Charles.
1. Ray Charles – The Genius After Hours (Remastered)
2. Ray Charles – Ain’t Misbehavin’ (Remastered)
3. Ray Charles – Dawn Ray (Remastered)
4. Ray Charles – Joy Ride (Remastered)
5. Ray Charles – Hornful Soul (Remastered)
6. Ray Charles – The Man I Love (Remastered)
7. Ray Charles – Charlesville (Remastered)
8. Ray Charles – Music, Music, Music (Remastered)