Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – Rossini: Overtures arranged for Mandolin Quintet (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 01:02:15 minutes | 1,16 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Brilliant Classics
New recordings presenting a fun and unique perspective on the riotous, effervescent, surreal world of Rossini. Rossini was one of the most popular and successful composers of the beginning of the 19th century. His operas were performed all over Europe, and the overtures enjoyed immense success as concert pieces. He usually penned them down the day before the premiere, to the exasperation of the concert managers and the musicians.
All Rossini’s qualities as a musical giant are to be found in concentrated form in the famous overtures. A solid, reliable structure underlies each one, with a slow introduction followed by the main section, a sort of sonata-form with no development consisting of an exposition (first subject, transition, second subject, crescendo and cadenza), a small modulation and a ripresa (with the first subject, transition, second subject, crescendo, cadenza and final cadenza). The sheer vitality of the music is astounding, and the wealth of thematic material ensures that each is remarkable in its own different way.
This new recording presents a selection of 8 overtures, arranged for Mandolin Quintet, consisting of two mandolins, a mandola, guitar and double bass. Included are Il Barbiere di Seviglia, La Gazza Ladra, La Cenerentola and more: a beautiful, brilliant and thoroughly idiomatic performance, in the grand Italian style!
The Mandolin Quintet Giuseppe Anedda gives concerts all over the world, enthusiastic advocates of that typical Italian instrument full of surprising possibilities, the Mandolin.
01. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – L’italiana in Algeri (08:25)
02. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – Il viaggio a Reims (07:35)
03. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – La cenerentola (08:37)
04. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – La scala di seta (07:17)
05. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – Il signor Bruschino (05:25)
06. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – Il barbiere di Siviglia (07:39)
07. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – Tancredi (07:01)
08. Quintetto a Plettro Giuseppe Anedda – La gazza ladra (10:11)