Quentin Sauvé – Whatever It Takes (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 37:36 minutes | 390 MB | Genre: Acoustic, Indie Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Ideal Crash
When Quentin Sauvé did not tour with his post-hardcore band Birds In Row, he did a number of side-projects, including Throw Me Off The Bridge. Except this time, he comes back solo under his real name by unplugging the guitars for his album Whatever It Takes.
Wanting to get away from the noisy currents to get closer to the indie folk influences, Quentin Sauvé reveals his softer and more sensitive side than usual. All you have to do is judge the eight tracks that make up Whatever It Takes. You will soon be touched by these guitar/voice compositions ranging from “Dead End” to “Bad News Bearers” by way of the rough ” People to Take Care of “, “Love Is Home” or “Selfless” highlighting his voice naked.
With Whatever It Takes, Quentin Sauvé gets away with it with honors by entering this more minimalist and melancholy register. Who knew we could move from post-hardcore to indie folk in the blink of an eye ?
1. Quentin Sauvé – Dead End (03:00)
2. Quentin Sauvé – Half Empty Glass (04:25)
3. Quentin Sauvé – People to Take Care Of (04:17)
4. Quentin Sauvé – Love Is Home (03:59)
5. Quentin Sauvé – Ghosts (04:05)
6. Quentin Sauvé – Selfless (02:53)
7. Quentin Sauvé – Bad News Bearers (04:03)
8. Quentin Sauvé – Riddled (05:21)
9. Quentin Sauvé – Disappear (05:30)