Queen – Greatest Hits (Remastered) (2011/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:03:17 minutes | 1,40 GB | Genre: Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © EMI
The UK’s biggest selling album of all time: “Greatest Hits” is a compilation album by the British rock band Queen, first released in the UK on 26 October 1981. The album consisted of Queen’s best-selling singles since their first chart appearance in 1974 with “Seven Seas of Rhye,” up to their 1980 hit “Flash.”
Queen’s ‘Greatest Hits’ was an instant success, peaking at number one on the UK Album Chart for four weeks. It has spent over 700 weeks in the UK Charts, and is the best-selling album of all time in the UK, selling over 6 million copies there. It is certified 8x Platinum in the United States, and is Queen’s most commercially successful album worldwide with over 25 million copies sold, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time.
To mark the band’s first decade, Queen’s Greatest Hits was released -packed with 17 of their biggest hits to date. Today it is still the ultimate playlist, and the biggest selling UK album, ever.
“I have to pinch myself…it’s the ultimate compliment to be sewn into people’s lives to that extent.”Brian May.
This year marks some significant milestones for Queen. Not only is it 50 years since the band’s final line-up was completed with John Deacon joining Freddie Mercury, Brian May and Roger Taylor, but it’s also been 40 years since Queen’s Greatest Hits album was released.
Perhaps the most indelible marker of the band’s sustained popularity, in this its Ruby year, the Greatest Hits collection incredibly returned to the top of the UK charts and hit the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 for the first time since its release in 1981. The career-spanning collection also hit No.1 on Billboard’s Vinyl Albums chart with the second-largest sales week of 2020 for any vinyl release.
This weeks’ Queen The Greatest, which weekly celebratesQueen’s most outstanding songs, performances and achievements since the band formed in 1971, looks but at what must surely be considered one of Queen’s most historic achievements-continuing to carry the honour of having the UK’s biggest selling album of all time with Queen’s Greatest Hits.
SpanningQueen’s triumphant first act, and released in 1981-with the now-iconic cover photo taken by Lord Snowden -to mark the band’s first decade, Greatest Hits contained no less than 17 hit singles. Launched with a very modern-for-its -time TV campaign promising “probably the most exciting album you’ve ever heard”, Queen’s Greatest Hits landed at the peak No 1 position of the UK album chart and has resided on the chart for over 956weeks since.
1. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Remastered 2011) (05:55)
2. Queen – Another One Bites The Dust (Remastered 2011) (03:35)
3. Queen – Killer Queen (Remastered 2011) (03:01)
4. Queen – Fat Bottomed Girls (Remastered 2011) (03:23)
5. Queen – Bicycle Race (Remastered 2011) (03:01)
6. Queen – You’re My Best Friend (Remastered 2011) (02:52)
7. Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now (Remastered 2011) (03:30)
8. Queen – Save Me (Remastered 2011) (03:48)
9. Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Remastered 2011) (02:44)
10. Queen – Somebody To Love (Remastered 2011) (04:57)
11. Queen – Now I’m Here (Remastered 2011) (04:14)
12. Queen – Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy (Remastered 2011) (02:52)
13. Queen – Play The Game (Remastered 2011) (03:33)
14. Queen – Flash (Remastered 2011) (02:48)
15. Queen – Seven Seas Of Rhye (Remastered 2011) (02:47)
16. Queen – We Will Rock You (Remastered 2011) (02:02)
17. Queen – We Are The Champions (Remastered 2011) (03:03)
18. Queen – Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) (05:05)