Peter Hanson & Andrew Arthur – Mozart: Sonatas for Violin & Piano, K. 301, K. 304, K. 305 & K 454 (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:19:05 minutes | 1,33 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Resonus Classics
For this new recording, violinist Peter Hanson, one of the most prominent period instrument players of his generation, turns his attention to Mozart’s extraordinary and innovative output of sonatas for violin and piano.
Hanson is joined by acclaimed keyboard player and regular collaborator Andrew Arthur in this programme of four sonatas (K. 301, K. 304–5 & K. 454), each of which was dedicated to an exceptional woman of the time, with the aristocratic dedication of the ‘Kurfürstin’ sonatas for the Electress Maria Elisabeth Auguste of Sulzbach (K. 301–6) and K. 454’s dedication to Regina Strinasacchi – a performer of particular talent who gave the first performance with Mozart at the piano.
For this album, a stunning copy of an original Walter fortepiano is used as well as a striking Guadagnini violin bearing pure gut strings.
1. Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, K. 305: I. Allegro di molto (07:12)
2. Sonata for Violin & Piano in A Major, K. 305: II. Thema – Andante grazioso (10:56)
3. Sonata for Violin & Piano in E Minor, K. 304: I. Allegro (09:39)
4. Sonata for Violin & Piano in E Minor, K. 304: II. Tempo di Menuetto (05:51)
5. Sonata for Violin & Piano in G Major, K. 301: I. Allegro con spirito (11:59)
6. Sonata for Violin & Piano in G Major, K. 301: II. Allegro (05:33)
7. Sonata for Violin & Piano in B-Flat Major, K. 454: I. Largo – Allegro (11:22)
8. Sonata for Violin & Piano in B-Flat Major, K. 454: II. Andante (08:52)
9. Sonata for Violin & Piano in B-Flat Major, K. 454: III. Allegretto (07:37)