Munich Symphony Orchestra – Panoramic Scenes and Underscores (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/48kHz | Time – 28:40 minutes | 331 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Sonoton Vinyl
The Munich Symphony Orchestra (M”unchner Symphoniker) is a German orchestra based in Munich but active statewide in Bavaria. It gives subscription concerts at the Herkulessaal and the Prinzregententheater and, to a lesser degree, at the Philharmonie am Gasteig.
Kurt Graunke founded the ensemble as the “Graunke Symphony Orchestra” in 1945 and led its first concert on September 25 of that year as a benefit for the Bavarian Red Cross. Regular subscription concerts began four years later.
In 1990 the orchestra adopted its current name. The chief conductor since 2014 has been Kevin John Edusei, whose contract was extended in 2016 through the 2021-2022 season. Philippe Entremont holds the title of Ehrendirigent, or honorary conductor, and since 2011 the principal guest conductor has been Ken-David Masur.
The M”unchner Symphoniker has recorded music for more than 500 films, including George Bruns’ adaptation of Tchaikovsky’s ballet score for Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, El Cid by Miklos Rozsa, Jerry Goldsmith’s score for The Wind and the Lion, Christopher Young’s music for Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Victor Young’s score for The Brave One and Howard Shore’s score for The Silence of the Lambs. It also performed the soundtrack to 1990s episodes of the TV series The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.
01. Munich Symphony Orchestra – High and Mighty
02. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Romantic Panorama 1
03. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Romantic Panorama 2
04. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Scenic Splendour
05. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Panoramic Pastoral
06. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Love Poetry
07. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Pastoral Sunset
08. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Wide Open Country
09. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Summer by the Lake
10. Munich Symphony Orchestra – Glorieuse