Michael Dussek – Romantic Revolution (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 01:19:29 minutes | 994 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Glossa
Mitzi Meyerson is a world-renowned American harpsichordist and teacher, based in Berlin for many decades now.
She maintains a sterling reputation for her concerts and recordings, and has taught hundreds of students over the last thirty years, many of whom went on to be successful artists in their own right. She specializes in researching little-known or lost works for the harpsichord which she then brings to light in recordings.
She has released over sixty albums to excellent critical acclaim. For the last 15 years she has been an exclusive Glossa recording artist, in a label that has worked with her in order to bring into the light, a solo or with small chamber ensembles, music by Balbastre, Muffat, Jones (Richard and John), Somis or Francoeur.
Her latest project, with sonatas by Josef Antonin Stepan (or Steffan, depending on the sources), reflects her patient, respectful and profoundly musical ap- proach to her own new discoveries.
These newly found sonatas, which she defines as “a sort of missing link in the transition from harpsichord to fortepiano” and being “at he forefront of the development to a new era of composition” with “flavours of Mozart, Haydn, and early Beethoven”, were recorded in Berlin and set yet another milestone in Meyerson’s enthusiastic search for unjustly neglected repertoire.
1. Mitzi Meyerson – I. Andante maestoso – Allegro
2. Mitzi Meyerson – II. Andantino o tempo di menuetto
3. Mitzi Meyerson – III. Andante, tempo di menuetto
4. Mitzi Meyerson – I. Andante non molto
5. Mitzi Meyerson – I. Adagio non molto
6. Mitzi Meyerson – II. Andante non molto
7. Mitzi Meyerson – III. Allegro assia
8. Mitzi Meyerson – Andante non molto
9. Mitzi Meyerson – I. Allegro spirituoso
10. Mitzi Meyerson – II. Andante non molto
11. Mitzi Meyerson – III. Tempo di minuetto