Martin Haselböck – Beethoven: Symphonies 5 & 6 “Pastoral” (Resound Collection, Vol. 8) (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:20:10 minutes | 1,4 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Alpha
The Orchester Wiener Akademie and its conductor Martin Haselböck continue the “Resound Beethoven” series, performed on period instruments and scrupulously respecting the orchestral layouts of 200 years ago. Volume 8, the last volume of the series, is devoted to two emblematic works, both of them dedicated jointly to Prince Franz Joseph Maximilian Lobkowitz and Count Andreas Kirillovich Razumovsky: Symphonies Nos. 5 and 6. Each of these symphonies has a name attached to it. While the Fifth Symphony is sometimes called the ‘Fate’ Symphony for more or less determined reasons, Beethoven himself named ‘Pastoral’ the Sixth, thus pursuing the venerable tradition of the musical pastorale while conferring a new dimension on it.
The Orchester Wiener Akademie recorded these two works in the Landhaus Saal of the Niederösterreich Palais, Beethoven’s favourite concert venue. Between 1819 and 1827, all his nine symphonies were performed there at the ‘Concerts spirituels’ founded by Franz Gebauer, and it was in this same palace that the Austrian Revolution of 1848 began.
01. Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio (7:22)
02. Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67: II. Andante con moto (8:27)
03. Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67: III. Scherzo. Allegro – Trio (8:17)
04. Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67: IV. Allegro (11:14)
05. Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral”: I. Erwachen heiterer empfindungen bei der Anfukt auf dem Lande. Allegro ma non troppo (11:50)
06. Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral”: II. Szene am Bach. Andante molto moto (12:47)
07. Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral”: III. Lustiges zusammensein der Landleute. Allegro (5:31)
08. Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral”: IV. Gewitter, Sturm. Allegro (4:04)
09. Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 “Pastoral”: V. Hirtengesang. Frohe und dankbare gefühle nach dem Sturm. Allegretto (10:42)