JARV IS… – REMIX ED (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 00:54:48 minutes | 634 MB | Genre: Electronic
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Rough Trade
From its earliest recordings beginning in an actual cave, via the enticing hypnotics behind the mantra-likes tracks Sometimes I Am Pharaoh and Must I Evolve, the exquisite yet candid storytelling of Swanky Modes and timeless anthem-turned-inadvertent lockdown soundtrack, House Music All Night Long, the debut album of the Jarvis Cocker-led band JARV IS… proved a standout swirl of creativity, invention and vision on its release last summer.
Yet Beyond The Pale has continued to inspire long after the sessions for the record stopped. Despite being divided by the pandemic, audiences came together around the album, Jarvis and co made a live film based on the album with pioneering directors Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard entirely underground in a cavern, and intriguingly other musicians and producers have continued to be intrigued by the songs Cocker and his band created. The latter now has yielded an entirely new way of hearing Beyond The Pale, as for the first time in his career, Jarv is releasing a remix album based on one of his records.
Boasting re-imaginings and re-stylings from the likes of David Holmes, Dennis Bovell and Greg Wilson among others, the record is a collaborative mix that offers new focus and insight on the music of one of this generation’s greatest songwriters, while also allowing the remixers’ own unique characters to take flight within JARV IS… creative cave.
1. Save the Whale (Mister Deltoid Remix) (07:48)
2. Must I Evolve? (David Holmes & Keefus Ciancia’s Unloved Rework) (06:44)
3. Am I Missing Something? (Pilooski /Jayvich Late Night Mix) (04:54)
4. House Music All Night Long (Hot Chip Remix) (08:17)
5. House Music All Night Long (Greg Wilson & Ché Wilson Remix) (07:16)
6. Do the Pharaoh (Minsky Rock) (06:59)
7. Swanky Modes (Dennis Bovell DubMix) (04:29)
8. Children of the Echo (Tam Tam Hidrogenesse Remix) (08:15)