Ike Quebec – It Might As Well Be Spring (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 35:22 minutes | 722 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RevOla
For the album by Kenny Drew, see It Might as Well Be Spring (Kenny Drew album). It Might as Well Be Spring is an album by American saxophonist Ike Quebec recorded in 1961 and released on the Blue Note label.
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awarded the album 3½ stars and stated “Ike Quebec recorded another winning hard bop album with It Might As Well Be Spring. In many ways, the record is a companion piece to Heavy Soul. Since the two albums were recorded so close together, it’s not surprising that there a number of stylistic similarities, but there are subtle differences to savor. The main distinction between the two dates is that It Might As Well Be Spring is a relaxed, romantic date composed of standards. It provides Quebec with ample opportunity to showcase his rich, lyrical ballad style, and he shines throughout the album”.
1. Ike Quebec – It Might As Well Be Spring (Remastered)
2. Ike Quebec – A Light Reprieve (Remastered)
3. Ike Quebec – Easy – Don’t Hurt (Remastered)
4. Ike Quebec – Lover Man (Remastered)
5. Ike Quebec – Ol’ Man River (Remastered)
6. Ike Quebec – Willow Weep For Me (Remastered)