Gewandhausorchester Leipzig – Beethoven: Die Geschopfe des Prometheus Ouverture – Sinfonie No. 2 (Remastered) (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 39:03 minutes | 383 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Eterna
The Creatures of Prometheus (German: Die Gesch”opfe des Prometheus), Op. 43, is a ballet composed in 1801 by Ludwig van Beethoven following the libretto of Salvatore Vigan`o. The ballet premiered on 28 March 1801 at the Burgtheater in Vienna and was given 28 performances. It was premiered in New York at the Park Theatre on 14 June 1808 being one of the first full length works by Beethoven to be performed in the United States. It is the only full length ballet by Beethoven.
The Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 36, is a symphony in four movements written by Ludwig van Beethoven between 1801 and 1802. The work is dedicated to Karl Alois, Prince Lichnowsky.
1. The Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43: Overture (Remastered) (04:48)
2. Symphony No. 2, Op. 36: I. Adagio molto – Allegro con brio (Remastered) (13:27)
3. Symphony No. 2, Op. 36: II. Larghetto (Remastered) (10:53)
4. Symphony No. 2, Op. 36: III. Scherzo. Allegro (Remastered) (03:47)
5. Symphony No. 2, Op. 36: IV. Allegro molto (Remastered) (06:08)