FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:17:45 minutes | 1,42 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Australian Broadcasting Corp (ABC)
The incomparable Genevieve Lacey – performer, composer and creator of poetic, sensual worlds – joins with internationally acclaimed Australian harpist Marshall McGuire to explore the unique power of music to offer comfort and renewal.
“During this time of isolation, people the world round are yearning for shelter, both physical and spiritual. So I assembled a cast of people whose work I love, some of whom I’d never met and together, we set out to create a sense of shelter: a nest, woven with memories, heart, hope,” Lacey says.
The exquisite album artwork, created by Gracia Haby and Louise Jennison, reflects the beauty and richness of the musical soundscapes presented on this album: sublime new music by Lou Bennett, Andrea Keller, Madeleine Flynn and Tim Humphrey, John Rodgers, Lachlan Skipworth, Bree van Reyk and Erkki Veltheim, side by side with musical treasures reaching back across six centuries.
1. Genevieve Lacey – Bennett: Baiyan Woka (Arr. Erkki Veltheim)
2. Genevieve Lacey – Playford: Bravade (from “The Dancing Master”) [Arr. Lacey, McGuire, van Eyck]
3. Genevieve Lacey – Keller: I Surrender
4. Genevieve Lacey – Purcell: Evening Hymn (Arr. Lacey, McGuire)
5. Genevieve Lacey – Skipworth: Cavern
6. Genevieve Lacey – Rodgers: Birds for Genevieve
7. Genevieve Lacey – Veltheim: A Tune for the Silvereye
8. Genevieve Lacey – Anonymous: Greensleeves to a Ground
9. Genevieve Lacey – Veltheim: Nocturne Over Blue Ruins
10. Genevieve Lacey – Rore: Io canterei d’amor (Arr. Lacey, McGuire)
11. Genevieve Lacey – van Reyk: threaded in amongst the infinite threading
12. Genevieve Lacey – Anonymous: O Virgo Splendens (Arr. Lacey, McGuire)
13. Genevieve Lacey – Flynn, Humphrey: A Mutual Support for Precarious Times
14. Marshall McGuire – Froberger: Lamentation faite sur la mort très douloureuse de Sa Majesté Impériale Ferdinand III (Arr. Marshall McGuire)
15. Genevieve Lacey – Biber: Passacaglia (Arr. John Rodgers)