Duo Aurore – Iguaçu (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 55:31 minutes | 823 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Paraty
This first recording by the Duo Aurore is an eclectic selection of Brazilian and Argentinian repertoire from the 20th and 21st centuries. The title of the album, “Iguaçu”, is a reference to the magnificent Iguazu Falls located on the border between the two countries and listed as a Unesco World Heritage site. Often inspired by popular music, the repertoire is rich in harmonic and rhythmic variations. Famous works such as Libertango by Astor Piazzolla or O trenzinho do caipira by Villa-Lobos are presented alongside more recent pieces such as Nação nº 2, by the eminent Brazilian composer and pianist Hércules Gomes.
“To unite, one must be two; and this can be done only on the condition that each one keeps their entire personality.” This thought by Henri Lacordaire can apply very well to a piano duo. This is not surprising; the musical personality of each of the two pianists intertwines in such a way that when they perform, their respective performances become richer, mingle and thus shape the identity of the duo. In between past, present and future, combining Brazil and France, with one keyboard and two pianos, the playing of Duo Aurore is characterized by rhythmic dynamism and a symbiotic dialogue. The two young Brazilian pianists lead their audience to explore reality and fantasy alike.
1. Duo Aurore – Dança negra
2. Duo Aurore – Quebra o côco, menina!
3. Duo Aurore – Tres Romances Argentinos: I. Las Niñas
4. Duo Aurore – Tres Romances Argentinos: II. Muchacho Jujeño
5. Duo Aurore – Tres Romances Argentinos: III. Las Niñas
6. Duo Aurore – Bailecito
7. Duo Aurore – Brasiliana No. 8: I. Schottish
8. Duo Aurore – Brasiliana No. 8: II. Valsa
9. Duo Aurore – Brasiliana No. 8: III. Choro
10. Duo Aurore – O Trenzinho do Caipira
11. Duo Aurore – Libertango (Arr. for piano)
12. Duo Aurore – Oblivion (Arr. for piano)
13. Duo Aurore – Tres minutos con la realidad (Arr. for piano)
14. Duo Aurore – Naçāo No. 2