Chet Baker – Chet (Remastered) (1959/2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 41:55 minutes | 920 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Craft Recordings
Chet is an album by jazz trumpeter Chet Baker first released in 1959. The record is sometimes subtitled “The Lyrical Trumpet of Chet Baker”. Chet features performances by Baker with flautist Herbie Mann, saxophonist Pepper Adams, pianist Bill Evans, guitarist Kenny Burrell, bassist Paul Chambers, and either Connie Kay or Philly Joe Jones on drums. It was recorded in December 1958 and January 1959 and released on the Riverside label.
Though Baker was by the late 1950s known as much for his singing as his trumpet playing, this album is entirely instrumental. It contains 9 standard ballads played in the styles of Hard Bop to Cool Jazz. The album is entirely devoted to explorations of the ballad mood, it includes considerable variety.
1. Chet Baker – Alone Together (06:52)
2. Chet Baker – How High The Moon (03:35)
3. Chet Baker – It Never Entered My Mind (04:40)
4. Chet Baker – Tis Autumn (05:17)
5. Chet Baker – If You Could See Me Now (05:16)
6. Chet Baker – September Song (03:04)
7. Chet Baker – You’d Be So Nice To Come Home To (04:31)
8. Chet Baker – Time On My Hands (04:30)
9. Chet Baker – You And The Night And The Music (04:06)