Chas Hodges – Right at Home – Selected Unreleased Home Recordings 2007-2017 (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 36:48 minutes | 399 MB | Genre: Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Edsel
Around the second anniversary of Chas Hodges’ passing, his son Nik began going through Chas’s multi tracks and picking the pieces that he felt his dad would’ve considered finished and ready to be heard by all. Back in 2007, Chas had bought himself a digital hard disk multi track “portastudio” recorder, which allowed him to make fully produced recordings rather than just rough demos, playing all the instruments himself.
So here are fourteen previously unreleased wonderful gems ten original songs and four covers. The originals include instant classics like “Street Games” and “Rock ‘n’ Roll Allotment”, as well as two songs written with the “Only Fools And Horses”” West End musical in mind, “Trigger (Is What I’m Known As)” and “What You Got You Gotta Show It”.
The standard “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love” is given the unmistakable Chas Hodges treatment, and the album ends with his touching rendition of The Beatles/John Lennon classic “I’m So Tired”.
The artwork includes personal notes by both Chas’s wife Joan and son Nik, as well as previously unseen photos.
01. Chas Hodges – Street Games
02. Chas Hodges – You Can in the Summertime
03. Chas Hodges – Bad Boy
04. Chas Hodges – Magic Time of Christmas
05. Chas Hodges – What You Got You Gotta Show It
06. Chas Hodges – Trigger (Is What I’m Known as)
07. Chas Hodges – Daisy Rag
08. Chas Hodges – Rock ‘n’ Roll Allotment
09. Chas Hodges – I Can’t Give You Anything but Love
10. Chas Hodges – Chazzajig
11. Chas Hodges – The Old Rustic Bridge by the Mill
12. Chas Hodges – Arry ‘arry ‘arry!
13. Chas Hodges – Little Toe Rag
14. Chas Hodges – I’m so Tired