Caroline Davis – Portals, Vol. 1 Mourning (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:05:25 minutes | 1,28 GB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Sunnyside
One challenge of this frustrating time has been finding methods to handle grief. The loss of loved ones, enforced isolation, and abounding uncertainty have only heightened anxiety and its painful effects. Learning how to cope with grief and work through it is imperative for one’s mental health.
Saxophonist and composer Caroline Davis has done much to try to allay her own emotions after the harsh period she dealt with in 2019. Davis lost her father early in the year and was trying to cope with this devastating event when the pandemic descended. She turned to research and creation to work herself out again. Her new recording, Portals, Volume 1: Mourning, is a culmination of a year of suffering, accepting, and channeling her mourning through a unique process to find equilibrium through composition and reflection.
01. Caroline Davis – Yesterday’s Seven Thousand Years
02. Caroline Davis – Hop On Hop Off
03. Caroline Davis – Highlighter Hearts
04. Caroline Davis – On Stone
05. Caroline Davis – How to Stop a Drop of Water from Evaporating
06. Caroline Davis – Acephalous Placebo
07. Caroline Davis – Respite
08. Caroline Davis – Left
09. Caroline Davis – Faced
10. Caroline Davis – The Inflated Chariot Awaits Defeat
11. Caroline Davis – Worldliness and Non-Duality