Cal Tjader Quartet – Cal Tjader Quartet (1960/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 00:39:55 minutes | 779 MB | Genre: Latin Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RevOla
Callen Radcliffe Tjader Jr. (/ˈdʒeɪdər/ JAY-dər; July 16, 1925 – May 5, 1982) was an American Latin jazz musician, known[by whom?] as the most successful non-Latino Latin musician. He explored other jazz idioms, even as he continued to perform the music of Cuba, the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America.
Tjader played the vibraphone primarily, but was accomplished on the drums, bongos, congas, timpani, and the piano. He worked with many musicians from several cultures. He is often[quantify] linked to the development of Latin rock and acid jazz. Although fusing jazz with Latin music is often categorized[by whom?] as “Latin jazz” (or, earlier, “Afro-Cuban jazz”), Tjader’s works swung freely between both styles. His Grammy award in 1980 for his album La Onda Va Bien capped off a career that spanned over forty years.
1. Cal Tjader Quartet – Battle Hymn Of The Republic (Remastered)
2. Cal Tjader Quartet – It Never Entered My Mind (Remastered)
3. Cal Tjader Quartet – A Light Groove (Remastered)
4. Cal Tjader Quartet – The Night We Called It A Day (Remastered)
5. Cal Tjader Quartet – Fancy Bea (Remastered)
6. Cal Tjader Quartet – A Fifth For Frank (Remastered)
7. Cal Tjader Quartet – For All We Know (Remastered)
8. Cal Tjader Quartet – Miss Wiggins (Remastered)
9. Cal Tjader Quartet – Our Love Is Here To Stay (Remastered)