Buck Owens and His Buckaroos – Tall Dark Stranger (1969/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/192kHz | Time – 29:01 minutes | 489 MB | Genre: Country
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Omnivore Recordings
Available on CD & Digital for the first time as originally issued in 1969.
Throughout Omnivore Recordings’ 12-year relationship with the Buck Owens Private Foundation, one request from the fans was clear and consistent-to make Buck’s late-’60s/early-’70s releases available again as stand-alone reissues. Omnivore is proud to answer that call and announce 9 titles to be released throughout the summer and fall of 2021. The albums will be released as they were originally issued and for the first time, appear in their original configuration on CD and Digital, mastered from the original analog tapes, and with expanded artwork & new liner notes.
When originally released in September of 1969, Tall Dark Stanger shot to #2 on the country album charts, fueled by the success of the title cut, which reached #1 on the singles charts. 10 of the 11 songs written or co-written by Owens, including “White Satin Bed,” co-written with Gene Price, and “In The Middle Of A Teardrop,” co-written with Buckaroos Don Rich and Doyle Holly.
Now, over four decades later, the classic album returns-mastered from the original analog tapes by Grammy(R)-winner Michael Graves, Produced for release by Grammy(R)-winner Cheryl Pawelski, and featuring expanded artwork including new liner notes from author Randy Poe (Buck ‘Em! The Autobiography Of Buck Owens).
01. Tall Dark Stranger (03:01)
02. There’s Gotta Be Some Changes Made (02:36)
03. White Satin Bed (03:26)
04. Darlin’, You Can Depend On Me (02:22)
05. In the Middle of a Teardrop (02:30)
06. Across This Town and Gone (02:18)
07. Maybe If I Close My Eyes (It’ll Go Away) (02:28)
08. I Would Do Anything for You (02:15)
09. Sing That Kind of Song (03:14)
10. Hurtin’ Like I’ve Never Hurt Before (02:08)
11. But You Know I Love You (02:45)