Bernard Maseli – Drifter (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 01:04:05 minutes | 670 MB | Genre: Jazz, Fusion, Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © WM Poland – WMI
Maseli is the most recognisable active vibraphonist in Poland. He also works as a composer, arranger, producer, and an educator. He graduated from the Faculty of Jazz and Light Music at Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music. In 1990 he moved to the other side of the lectern and started teaching at the same Academy and the same department.
During the first year of his studies, in 1985, he began stage work with the fusion-jazz band Walk Away. At that time, the group was formed by the main founder Krzysztof Zawadzki: drums, Bernard Maseli, Adam Wendt: saxophone, Paweł Mąciwoda Jastrzębski: bass guitar, Zbigniew Jakubek: keyboard instruments, and Marek Błaszczyk: bass guitar. They set the band up after winnig the first prize at the Jazz nad Odrą festival, in 1985, Wrocław. With Walk Away Maseli has recorded 10 longplays by now and performed at many festivals all over the world. Walk Away’s most relevant success was supporting Miles Davis on his tour in 1990.
Between 1985 and 1987, Maseli collaborated with bassist Krzysztof Ścierański: they formed the Music Painters trio with percussionist José Torres. The latter, born in Havana, Cuba, has lived in Poland for many years. Later on Maseli and Ścierański formed a duo named Big 2 duo. Moreover, during that period Maseli collaborated with the free jazz & fusion ensemble Young Power.
In 1999 Maseli founded his first own project, The Globetrotters, with the saxophonist Jerzy Glowczewski and the vocalist Kuba Badach. They have recorded four CDs, given over 500 concerts, and performed, with percussionist Nippy Noya.
In 2006 he played in an international group The Colors, along with Ścierański, Polish guitar player Marek Raduli, and American drummer Paul Wertico.
As a producer Maseli edited Tylko Chopin for Lora Szafran and Melodies for Anna Serafińska, as well as The Globetrotters’ all four albums.
Up until now Maseli has written a number of compositions and arrangements –including radio productions– and made over 60 CDs.
1. Drifter (feat. Beata Przybytek & Marek Raduli) (08:18)
2. Tomorrow Shine (feat. Andy “Stewlocks” Ninvalle, DJ Eprom, Michał Kapczuk & Beata Przybytek) (05:30)
3. Windfalls (feat. Kuba Badach, Michał Barański & Daniel Soltis) (05:09)
4. Five O’Clock (feat. Beata Przybytek) (06:19)
5. Edzengi (feat. Linley Marthe & Daniel Soltis) (06:49)
6. Sopot (feat. Grzegorz Skawiński, Barbara Maja Maseli & Dariusz Ziółek) (05:00)
7. The Kid Said – Save Trees Make Peace (feat. Dean Brown, Eric Marienthal, Linley Marthe, Wojciech Myrczek & Grzegorz Nagórski) (09:59)
8. Desert Is Crying On Us (feat. Rasm Almashan & Amir Gwirtzman) (08:24)
9. Goodbye (feat. Kuba Badach, Nippy Noya, Jerzy Główczewski, Bartłomiej Skubisz “Eskaubei” & Janusz Grzywacz) (05:51)
10. Drifter Outro (feat. Beata Przybytek & Marek Raduli) (02:46)