Barclay James Harvest – Everyone Is Everybody Else (1974/2016)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 40:08 minutes | 841 MB | Genre: Rock
ADVD Rip – Stereo Mix 2016 | Front Cover | © Esoteric Recordings
Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mixed and re-mastered edition of the classic 1974 album. Originally released in June 1974, the album has now come to be regarded as one of the band’s finest.
The group’s first album for Polydor is several steps above their EMI work. Most of the psychedelic-era influences are softened here and broadened, and transmuted into something heavier and more serious, even as the Beatlesque harmonies remain intact. The guitars sound real heavy, almost larger than life here, while the swelling Mellotron and synthesizer sounds give the music the feel of an orchestra. By this time, the group had also mastered the Pink Floyd technique of playing pretty tunes really slowly, which made them sound incredibly profound (it’s actually a technique that goes back, in different forms, to Gustav Mahler and Anton Bruckner). John Lees gives superb, virtuoso performances on lead guitar on “Paper Wings” and “For No One.” Les Holroyd’s gorgeous “Poor Boy Blues” sounded more like Crosby, Stills & Nash than CSN did in those days, and is almost worth the price of the CD.
1. Barclay James Harvest – Child Of The Universe (05:34)
2. Barclay James Harvest – Negative Earth (05:43)
3. Barclay James Harvest – Paper Wings (04:19)
4. Barclay James Harvest – The Great 1974 Mining Disaster (05:33)
5. Barclay James Harvest – Crazy City (04:39)
6. Barclay James Harvest – See Me See You (04:37)
7. Barclay James Harvest – Poor Boy Blues (03:05)
8. Barclay James Harvest – Mill Boys (02:56)
9. Barclay James Harvest – Child Of The Universe [U.S Single Version] (03:38)