Astrig Siranossian – Dear Mademoiselle – A Tribute to Nadia Boulanger (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:12:01 minutes | 1,09 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Alpha
An emblematic figure of her time, Nadia Boulanger (1887-1979) taught and inspired several generations of musicians, from Igor Stravinsky to Quincy Jones. Her musical and pedagogical philosophy, demanding yet highly stimulating, influenced the entire twentieth century. Astrig Siranossian, a rising star of the cello, is fascinated by this musical personality whom everyone respectfully called ‘Mademoiselle’. She met some of her most illustrious students, including the late Michel Legrand, and Daniel Barenboim who has agreed to accompany her in a piece on the album.
With the pianist Nathanaël Gouin, she has devised a very eclectic programme, including the Three pieces for cello and piano written by Nadia Boulanger in 1915, three years before the death of her sister Lili.
A wide-ranging album, featuring Igor Stravinsky’s Suite italienne, Elliott Carter’s Cello Sonata, Astor Piazzolla’s Le Grand Tango, Tissue No. 7 by Philip Glass, Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones, and music by Michel Legrand and others.
1. Astrig Siranossian – Le grand tango
2. Astrig Siranossian – I. Introduzione
3. Astrig Siranossian – II. Serenata
4. Astrig Siranossian – III. Aria
5. Astrig Siranossian – IV. Tarantella
6. Astrig Siranossian – V. Minuetto & Finale
7. Astrig Siranossian – Piece for Cello and Piano No. 1 in E-Flat Minor
8. Astrig Siranossian – Piece for Cello and Piano No. 2 in A Minor
9. Astrig Siranossian – Piece for Cello and Piano No. 3 in C-Sharp Minor
10. Astrig Siranossian – I. Moderato
11. Astrig Siranossian – II. Vivace, Molto lggiero
12. Astrig Siranossian – III. Adagio
13. Astrig Siranossian – IV. Allegro
14. Astrig Siranossian – Tissue No. 7
15. Astrig Siranossian – Medley for Cello and Piano: Peau d’âne / Les Moulins de mon cœur / Les parapluies de Cherbourg
16. Astrig Siranossian – Soul Bossa Nova