Art Blakey – Drums Around The Corner (1959/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:12:37 minutes | 1,44 GB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RevOla
Drums Around the Corner is a jazz album by Art Blakey which was mainly recorded in 1958, but not released until 1999.
The album comprises two sessions. The main session, recorded by Rudy Van Gelder at Manhattan Towers, New York City on November 2, 1958, is effectively a showcase for an all-star lineup drummers consisting of Blakey, Philly Joe Jones, Roy Haynes and Ray Barretto (on congas). They are supported by the regular members of the Jazz Messenger at the time, Lee Morgan (trumpet), Bobby Timmons (piano) and Jymie Merritt (bass).
The later session was a duet between Blakey and bassist Paul Chambers, recorded at the Van Gelder Studio in Hackensack, NJ on March 29, 1959.
1. Art Blakey – Moose The Mooche (Remastered)
2. Art Blakey – Blakey’s Blues (Remastered)
3. Art Blakey – Lee’s Tune (Remastered)
4. Art Blakey – Let’s Take 16 Bars (Remastered)
5. Art Blakey – Drums In The Rain (Remastered)
6. Art Blakey – Lover (Remastered)
7. Art Blakey – I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Remastered)
8. Art Blakey – What Is This Thing Called Love? (Remastered)