Andrew Heath and James Osland – Once we were all here and nowhere else (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 47:24 minutes | 424 MB | Genre: Electronic, Ambient, Modern Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Shimmering Moods
This stunning collaboration between Andrew Heath and James Osland is overwhelmingly informed by both a dense, drifting landscape and a love of process – a slow tone collage. Here lies beauty and delicacy – an intimate tracery of piano notes and modular tones woven between field recordings, organic electronics and shimmering guitar. ‘Once we were all here and nowhere else’ hardly dares to breathe sometimes, as it leaves you suspended in the quiet, shinning air.
James and Andrew were drawn together by a mutual respect for each others work in the ambient music field. Both are UK based artists. Andrew having released several albums and EPs on Disco Gecko, Whitelabrecs, Rusted Tone Recordings, Elm Records and Chihei Hatakeyama’s Japanese label, White Paddy Mountain. He has collaborated with among others, the legendary Hans-Joachim Roedelius, Dutch ambient guitarist, Anne Chris Bakker and electronica artist, Banco de Gaia. James Osland not only runs the boutique cassette label, Elm Records but releases as an artist in his own right having worked with such labels as Unknown Tone Records, Whitelabrecs, Flaming Pines and Rusted Tone Recordings to name a few. His work seeks to explore our relationships with sound, memory and place through a variety of different sonic processes.
Both artists have been quietly working on material together for the last few years so expect more from this wellspring of beautiful and dreamlike work.
01. Andrew Heath and James Osland – Find Solace in that Forgetting (05:20)
02. Andrew Heath and James Osland – The Things Important to being Human (04:34)
03. Andrew Heath and James Osland – In the Transparent Winter Air (04:52)
04. Andrew Heath and James Osland – I Can Remain just as I Am (07:09)
05. Andrew Heath and James Osland – Everything was Faded and Warm (04:02)
06. Andrew Heath and James Osland – A Burst Of Fleeting Colour (05:22)
07. Andrew Heath and James Osland – The Space between Happiness and Sadness (05:07)
08. Andrew Heath and James Osland – This Little Town by the Sea (04:08)
09. Andrew Heath and James Osland – The Closer You Get, the More I Miss You (06:46)