American Wild Ensemble – Duos and Trios (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 48:43 minutes | 470 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © New Focus Recordings
This album collects several of our recent commissions written for a portion of our larger septet: two flute, clarinet, and cello trios and two flute and cello duos. We can’t wait to share these incredible new works by Aaron Travers, David Clay Mettens, David Liptak, and Margaret Brouwer. Each of these works responds to nature in a different way and explores a variety of familiar and extraordinarily unfamiliar timbres and techniques to showcase these instruments in creative and unexpected ways.
The intrepid American Wild Ensemble was formed around a project to perform new works in national parks in the US, and has continued to create exciting events outdoors in unconventional spaces, from caves to mountaintops. Their recording, Duos and Trios, features four works for combinations of cello, clarinet, and flute by Aaron Travers, David Liptak, Margaret Brouwer, and David Clay Mettens that reflect the ensembles penchant for deriving inspiration from the natural world.
01. American Wild Ensemble – Travers: Stillwater Marsh (09:13)
02. American Wild Ensemble – Mettens: Avaloch Sketches: I. Floating (05:00)
03. American Wild Ensemble – Mettens: Avaloch Sketches: II. Aggressive (01:22)
04. American Wild Ensemble – Mettens: Avaloch Sketches: III. Sinuous (02:58)
05. American Wild Ensemble – Mettens: Avaloch Sketches: IV. Playful, Quirky (04:17)
06. American Wild Ensemble – Liptak: Two Nocturnes: I. Stone and Leaf (05:49)
07. American Wild Ensemble – Liptak: Two Nocturnes: II. Under Starry Skies (06:31)
08. American Wild Ensemble – Brouwer: Fear, Hiding, Play (13:30)